Yep, today is Friday for me. I'm off tomorrow - birthday holiday.
I didn't sleep too good last night. Kept feeling like I was gonna get sick. Not the dizzy sick, just the vomiting. I think it was eating too much spicy food for lunch. I could only stay in bed for about an hour, then I had to move to the couch so I could prop up. Almost didn't go to work, but I pushed myself and went anyway.
Had a splitting headache and it began to affect my eyesight about an hour after I got to work. I knew when I was getting ready for work that I shouldn't wear my contacts. But I wore them anyway. My distance vision was perfect, buy my near vision was so blurry I couldn't read the timesheets. Had to get out my reading glasses to be able to do my work. Good thing I keep them in my purse. I managed to get my timesheets entered into the computer, then went to Kim's office to finish the work I started yesterday. Around lunch, Tom and Kenny asked me and Kim if we wanted to go to lunch with them. Kim was meeting a friend for lunch and I told them I was just going to get a milkshake to see if it would cool off my stomach. I wish I had been feeling better; they went out for Chinese. I would have loved to have had Chinese for lunch. Told them I'd have to take a raincheck. I think I was running fever, too. If I shut my eyes for more than a second, I'd fall asleep. That wasn't from not sleeping, cause I did get sleep last night. I felt a little better after lunch, but not much. Then, I remembered to take my Vemma and I felt even better after drinking it. It gave me energy, so I wasn't falling asleep.
Before I left work, Michelle called. She told me the newest antics of Fox. Now that she's finally seen him turn over, he's doing it all the time. They try to lay him down for a nap and he flips over. It was funny listening to her tell about his little escapades. I'm so blessed to have daughters-in-law who love me and like sharing their lives with me. I have the best daughters in the world - they just happen to be married to my sons. But, I love them as if they were my own flesh and blood. I spent many years praying for these girls before they ever knew my sons. I started before my boys were teenagers praying for their wives. And God honored those prayers. Like I said - they are the best!
After work, I stopped by the Christian Bread Basket and bought some birthday cards and a couple of Liz Curtis Higgs' books to read.
Came home and Vance told me to go to Chad's and get his ladders. He's taking down the bookcase in the hallway so he can finish putting in the flooring. I drove his truck and headed their way. Tabitha's mom and aunt are visiting today and tomorrow. Tammy jumped up and hugged me when I walked in. We got off on the wrong foot before Chad and Tabitha married, but we really love each other now. Before I left, Tabitha's sister came in. Tabitha was telling her aunt that I wasn't the typical mother-in-law. No horror stories to relate about me. I had to leave before her brother got there. I haven't seen him in about two years. Hard to believe he's driving. Hope showed me her room now that it's got all it's furniture in it. It looks good. I noticed the girl already has a collection of shoes started. A girl after my own heart. I love shoes, too. I visited for a few minutes then headed back home. Vance called to tell me to stop and get a quart of oil for my car. He's making sure it's ready to drive to Callaway Gardens on Saturday.
I watched a movie on the Hallmark channel about a woman and her horse and how they both faced adversities, but won in the end. It was such a good movie. Don't remember the name, but it was so good. Of course, I cried at the happy ending. I'm a sucker for animal movies. Good ones; don't give me Cujo movies. You know, Steven King's story. Years ago, I used to read all of his books, but I don't anymore. None will ever be as good as The Stand.
Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me. No work!! Yeah! Then, Saturday, Kim and I are going to Callaway Gardens. I'm so looking forward to that. Pray for good weather.
And before I close, I want to share some good news - Tonya is expecting a baby. She's 5 1/2 weeks along, so please keep her in your prayers. We'll have another new baby for Christmas. I love it! Love having new babies in the family. There is nothing like seeing the world through a child's eyes.
Even though I'm off tomorrow, I really do need my beauty rest. Good night Ya'll!
Good night and God bless.........
Friday, March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment