We had our Safety Luncheon yesterday to celebrate one and a half years of being accident free, so I didn't think we were having a safety meeting this morning. I was wrong. Randy said it was nothing to wor
ry about; cause nothing they talked about pertained to my job. That's good to know.
At the luncheon yesterday, Kim presented the Red Raiders with our new mascot - Elmo dressed up in jeans, gray t-shirt, hard hat, a cell phone and a skinning knife. They loved it. She did a great job finding just the right clothes and accessories.
This is Elmo "Red" with my boss, Kenny. He was born the year after I started working for Gulf Power. Boy, does that make me feel old!
I went to the doctor today to get the results of my bloodwork. I have got to lose some weight. A few of the things were a little elevated and she said it was all related to being overweight. She is also a dietician and Life Coach and said she could help me make a lifestyle change. I may take her up on that. I seem to do better when I have somebody to be accountable to. This week, I've already begun to eat more fruit and salads. She told me to try buffalo meat. It's leaner than turkey and tastes like beef. You cook it slower and at a lower temperature than beef, but it's really good. She said she used to order it off the internet, but Publix carries it now. I think I will try it out. She said it's a little more expensive, but it's a lot better for you than beef. I'm supposed to get some more tests run and see her again in two weeks. She'll tell me more about her program at that time. I was in the doctor's office two hours. I don't think I've ever waited that long before. By the time I ran through the drive-through at Chick-Fil-A and got back to the office, I had to take one and a half hour for vacation. I'm not taking sick leave cause our policy has changed and we lose too much. If I really got bad sick, I wouldn't have much to fall back on, so I take vacation for doctor's appointments. I scheduled this one around lunch thinking I could get there, see the doctor and back to the office in an hour. Boy, was I wrong!
I called Marsha today and made an appointment for next Tuesday to get my hair colored. I think I'm going to start letting her color it from now on. Yeah, it costs more, but I've got so much hair and my arms get worn out trying to get all the color on, plus I miss spots. I think it's time I splurged on myself and let a professional do the job. After all, I've been doing it myself since I was 15 - that's 40 years. Summer Blonde was my first attempt and it turned my hair a horrible orange color. I stuck with regular blondes after that, then went to red later in life. I didn't color it all the time when I was young; I just started doing it regularly when I started turning gray about 10 years ago. But, I think it's time to let Marsha do it. I am going to start doing things for myself. The doctor said I had to or I wouldn't be around to take care of everybody else. I've got to start exercising. I think I'm going to have my treadmill repaired, so I can start walking on it. Once, I lose about 15-20 lbs., then I may start back kickboxing with Mrs. Sandi.
Time for me to go to bed. It's almost 11:00pm.
Good night and God Bless....................
At the luncheon yesterday, Kim presented the Red Raiders with our new mascot - Elmo dressed up in jeans, gray t-shirt, hard hat, a cell phone and a skinning knife. They loved it. She did a great job finding just the right clothes and accessories.
I went to the doctor today to get the results of my bloodwork. I have got to lose some weight. A few of the things were a little elevated and she said it was all related to being overweight. She is also a dietician and Life Coach and said she could help me make a lifestyle change. I may take her up on that. I seem to do better when I have somebody to be accountable to. This week, I've already begun to eat more fruit and salads. She told me to try buffalo meat. It's leaner than turkey and tastes like beef. You cook it slower and at a lower temperature than beef, but it's really good. She said she used to order it off the internet, but Publix carries it now. I think I will try it out. She said it's a little more expensive, but it's a lot better for you than beef. I'm supposed to get some more tests run and see her again in two weeks. She'll tell me more about her program at that time. I was in the doctor's office two hours. I don't think I've ever waited that long before. By the time I ran through the drive-through at Chick-Fil-A and got back to the office, I had to take one and a half hour for vacation. I'm not taking sick leave cause our policy has changed and we lose too much. If I really got bad sick, I wouldn't have much to fall back on, so I take vacation for doctor's appointments. I scheduled this one around lunch thinking I could get there, see the doctor and back to the office in an hour. Boy, was I wrong!
I called Marsha today and made an appointment for next Tuesday to get my hair colored. I think I'm going to start letting her color it from now on. Yeah, it costs more, but I've got so much hair and my arms get worn out trying to get all the color on, plus I miss spots. I think it's time I splurged on myself and let a professional do the job. After all, I've been doing it myself since I was 15 - that's 40 years. Summer Blonde was my first attempt and it turned my hair a horrible orange color. I stuck with regular blondes after that, then went to red later in life. I didn't color it all the time when I was young; I just started doing it regularly when I started turning gray about 10 years ago. But, I think it's time to let Marsha do it. I am going to start doing things for myself. The doctor said I had to or I wouldn't be around to take care of everybody else. I've got to start exercising. I think I'm going to have my treadmill repaired, so I can start walking on it. Once, I lose about 15-20 lbs., then I may start back kickboxing with Mrs. Sandi.
Time for me to go to bed. It's almost 11:00pm.
Good night and God Bless....................

No comments:
Post a Comment