I had the best day today. I took off from work (birthday holiday) and met Deb, Steve and Megan for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A. They drove over from Crestview. Haven't seen Deb since June of last year. She and I graduated high school together and didn't see each other again until June. She found me at Classmates.com and contacted me. When we met again, it was like we had never been apart. She is such a sweet, beautiful woman who loves the Lord and her family. We have a lot in common, so we never have a lull in our conversations. It's great. After
breakfast, we walked over to Hobby Lobby. I found a pitcher and bowl in the exact colors that I want to do Vance's old room. They were on sale, so I bought them. I can take the bowl to Home Depot and they can match the colors. I plan on painting the walls in the blue color and painting the furniture in chocolate brown. I saw a room on HGTV done like that and it was beautiful - so calming. I want to make that room a sanctuary where someone would feel peaceful if they spent the night.
At 11:30, I hurried home to wait for Karen to call about lunch. She had left me a message, so I called her back and we made plans to meet at PoFolks at 12:30. While I was waiting, I swept the floors and straightened up a little. When I got to PoFolks, it was packed. Karen wasn't there so I sat down to wait. I let four couples go ahead of me until the manager said I better go take a booth before they all got full. I found one where I could see Karen when she came in and I told the manager I was waiting for someone named Karen. As soon as she came in, he asked her if she was Karen. Freaked her out. We had a great time. She brought me a cross with the verse "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I have been wanting something with that verse on it for years. I ordered the Joshua placque from Home Interiors five times and they were always out of stock. I never did get it. We ate and visited for about two hours, then she had to get home to Dothan. Karen and I share the same birthday (March 18) and have been celebrating together for 22 years. She was with me on our birthday in Pensacola when we found out that the doctors couldn't do anything else for Earl and he had only a short time to live. I couldn't have made it home without her. She was there for me when I really needed someone and I'll never forget that for as long as I live.
After leaving Karen, I went to Gulf Power to see Kim and finalize our plans for tomorrow. Also went to the Credit Union to get money for our trip. Then, I went to Cato's and bought some blouses that were on sale. I really need tops. Then I went to Wal-Mart to get some things for Daddy. (He called when I was in Hobby Lobby this morning.) Ran into a lady that I used to go to church with at Springfield Methodist, Betty McCart. We stood and talked for at least 30 minutes. Her husband had been in the hospital for over 30 days with heart problems. The doctors didn't expect him to get enough strength to have surgery, but God performed several miracles on his behalf. The doctors said he was going to die, but God showed them that He's still the Great Physician. Charles is doing fine now.
Stopped by to carry Daddy his stuff and visited with him for about 45 minutes. He's doing so good. He's exercising his arm and he's able to raise it straight out and hold onto things now. I guess he hurt it during the fire. The doctor said he'd have to have physical therapy, but he didn't want to me to have to take off every day and take him, so I told Daddy he could exercise it himself. He's really been working at it. He says it hurts like crazy, but he's determined to get it working again. I believe he will, too.
Washed some clothes when I got home and went to Captain D's to get us something to eat. They were so packed. It took me 30 minutes to get our food. But it was good. They have new items on their menu. I had the baked talipia. It was really good. I like it better than their regular baked fish.
It's 11:00 and I'm supposed to leave tomorrow morning at 5:00 to go to Callaway Gardens, which means I need to get up around 3:45, so I guess I better try to get some sleep. I'm not sleepy, but I'll try. Really looking forward to taking a lot of pictures.
Good night and God bless.....................
At 11:30, I hurried home to wait for Karen to call about lunch. She had left me a message, so I called her back and we made plans to meet at PoFolks at 12:30. While I was waiting, I swept the floors and straightened up a little. When I got to PoFolks, it was packed. Karen wasn't there so I sat down to wait. I let four couples go ahead of me until the manager said I better go take a booth before they all got full. I found one where I could see Karen when she came in and I told the manager I was waiting for someone named Karen. As soon as she came in, he asked her if she was Karen. Freaked her out. We had a great time. She brought me a cross with the verse "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I have been wanting something with that verse on it for years. I ordered the Joshua placque from Home Interiors five times and they were always out of stock. I never did get it. We ate and visited for about two hours, then she had to get home to Dothan. Karen and I share the same birthday (March 18) and have been celebrating together for 22 years. She was with me on our birthday in Pensacola when we found out that the doctors couldn't do anything else for Earl and he had only a short time to live. I couldn't have made it home without her. She was there for me when I really needed someone and I'll never forget that for as long as I live.
After leaving Karen, I went to Gulf Power to see Kim and finalize our plans for tomorrow. Also went to the Credit Union to get money for our trip. Then, I went to Cato's and bought some blouses that were on sale. I really need tops. Then I went to Wal-Mart to get some things for Daddy. (He called when I was in Hobby Lobby this morning.) Ran into a lady that I used to go to church with at Springfield Methodist, Betty McCart. We stood and talked for at least 30 minutes. Her husband had been in the hospital for over 30 days with heart problems. The doctors didn't expect him to get enough strength to have surgery, but God performed several miracles on his behalf. The doctors said he was going to die, but God showed them that He's still the Great Physician. Charles is doing fine now.
Stopped by to carry Daddy his stuff and visited with him for about 45 minutes. He's doing so good. He's exercising his arm and he's able to raise it straight out and hold onto things now. I guess he hurt it during the fire. The doctor said he'd have to have physical therapy, but he didn't want to me to have to take off every day and take him, so I told Daddy he could exercise it himself. He's really been working at it. He says it hurts like crazy, but he's determined to get it working again. I believe he will, too.
Washed some clothes when I got home and went to Captain D's to get us something to eat. They were so packed. It took me 30 minutes to get our food. But it was good. They have new items on their menu. I had the baked talipia. It was really good. I like it better than their regular baked fish.
It's 11:00 and I'm supposed to leave tomorrow morning at 5:00 to go to Callaway Gardens, which means I need to get up around 3:45, so I guess I better try to get some sleep. I'm not sleepy, but I'll try. Really looking forward to taking a lot of pictures.
Good night and God bless.....................

No comments:
Post a Comment