Friday, March 02, 2007

Whee! What a Day!

I went to work this morning on Vance's truck. We swapped vehicles this morning so I could move Daddy to his apartment. Severe weather is predicted today. I got to work and everybody was talking about the weather and how it was supposed to be really bad this afternoon. I decided to take off this morning and get Daddy moved before the rain started.

Came back home and started packing up his things. He took a bath and shaved while I loaded everything up. I surprised myself that I could still pick up heavy things like the microwave. Got to his apartment and I unloaded everything and set about to get his place in order. Made the bed, put away his clothes, food, etc. Made a list of things we needed and then we headed to Fred's Outlet. Mama had called and said they had a 19" TV for $79.95. We got the TV, some food, paper goods, toaster oven and a few other things he needed - about $200 worth. We went home and I set the TV up. It was heavy, but I managed to get it in without dropping it. I put the stuff away and then went to Save-A-Lot for other groceries. After I got all that put away, I headed back to the house to get some things I forgot the first trip. Stopped by Sonic first to get a burger and sweet tea. I was starving! I mopped my floors and tried to straighten up the living room. Daddy called and I needed to go to Winn-Dixie to get some other things we forgot, so I took off to Winn-Dixie, then back to Daddy's. Got there about 4:30. I put away those things and then took him to the VFW. I got home around 6:30. It's been a long day. I thought I could get all of his stuff moved and be back at work right after lunch. There was no way!

I was exhausted, but I decided to unload the bookcase in the hall. Vance is going to have to dismantle it so he can put the flooring down. It's a huge bookcase and I filled up four boxes with books - two to carry to Kim, one for Trent and one to take to the used bookstore and drop off. There are still a lot that I want to keep. By the time I got all the boxes loaded, I was totally wiped out. My whole body was hurting. Vance went and got us chili cheese dogs from Sonic. All I've had today is junk food. That's no way to lose weight. Of course, I did burn a lot of calories by moving all that stuff.

While we're no longer under a tornado watch/warning, I think I'll go take a shower and get to bed. Good night and God bless..................

No comments: