Got up this morning knowing I had a safety meeting to go to, but realized at the last minute that I had to iron my clothes. Since it turned hot, I didn't have anything ready to wear. I got to work at 7:30, so I was late for the meeting. I got in on the last part, but had to sit by myself and watch the video I missed. It was pretty cute. It was produced by the safety team in Georgia Power to the tune of Dragnet. It was called Safety Net. They got the point across about safety in a comical way.
Randy had been sick yesterday, but he said he was better today. I didn't want to get too close to him in case he had something contagious. I sure don't want to get sick.
Last night, Vance went over to Chad's to help him finish moving. It was just him and Chad, so he wasn't home when I got home from Praise and Worship practice. It worried me, so I called him. He was about to finish up and head home. Bless his heart - he's helped just about everyday and comes home with a backache. When Vance and Michelle moved into their new house, we went over and helped them paint, then helped them move in. He wants to be a part of their lives as much as he can. He wasn't able to do much with them when they were younger because of his work hours. I think he's trying to make it up to them now.
Well, Daddy moves out tomorrow. I'm taking off half the day and using Vance's truck to move him into his apartment. I should be able to do it by myself because he doesn't have any big stuff to move. I've got to go buy him a TV, so that will the the biggest thing to move. If I find I can't pick it up, I'll wait until Vance can help me when he gets home from work, or maybe the landlord can help me. Vance offered to move him tonight, but Daddy said he'd wait until tomorrow. Tonight would probably have been better, because we are forecast for rain tomorrow. But, Daddy wanted to wait. He's excited about getting back on his side of town. We'll also have to go buy groceries, so he will have food to eat. I'll probably need to make a list of all the things we need to do tomorrow. I guess one day next week, I'll have to take off and take him to get a new ID card and get him a haircut. I wish you could do stuff like that on the weekends. I hate using vacation for stuff like that when I will need it for doctor's appointments and such. What if Mama gets sick? I'll have to take off for her, too.
Kim and I went to Olive Garden for soup and salad. We are trying to do better with our eating. We only had one serving. Karen is trying to get me to walk with her in the afternoons, but when do I have the time? I've got too many other people to take care of. That's why my weight has gone back up. I've gained 70 lbs. since Daddy got sick 2 1/2 years ago. I'm usually running errands at lunch, so I can't sit down and eat a salad or decent meal. It's something I can eat in the car while I'm driving. Vance and I don't even cook much anymore. We eat soup or sandwiches or get something from PoFolks or Captain D's. I've just about forgotten how to cook a decent meal. Plus, when I get stressed, I eat more starches and sugars. Forget the vegetables! I want potatoes or chocolate!Hopefully, when Daddy moves out, I can try to get some sort of exercise program going. Don't know when, cause I'll still have to run errands for him. Maybe not as often now, since the refrigerator will hold more food than the little one he had in his trailer. Maybe I can just go to the store once a week instead of three times a week. I would love to get back to kickboxing after work. But, if I can just walk with Karen, that will at least be something positive. We got Donna (who's skinny) to pray for us last night at practice that we would be able to lose this extra weight. Both of us have had people dream about us and we were beautiful and healthy and thinner in their dreams. Either that is what we are going to look like in heaven, or it's what we are going to look like in the near future here on earth.
Hwy 390 has been closed the last two days. I left early tonight going to church because Karen called and asked me to pull music. Not something I'm really capable of, but I told her I would try. Wouldn't you know it? There was a wreck on Hwy 389 and I ended up being late. She was caught in traffic, so she was running late. Scotty and Donna got slowed down on Hwy 22 because of a wreck. Is there a full moon out tonight???? What is going on? Panama City has the worst traffic. I don't think Tallahassee is as bad as ours has become. Last night, I couldn't go any faster than 30mph on Hwy 231. The speed limit there is 55 between East Avenue and Star Avenue, but we weren't moving. Tonight I think I got up to 45 a couple of times. It took me 40 minutes to get to church when it normally takes less than 15.
Pastor Sammy preached tonight. He looks so good since he had his surgery to put a pacemaker in. He seems to have so much more energy. I'm so glad he's doing good.
Well, guess I better go to bed. Long day ahead of me tomorrow.
Good night and God bless...................
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment