Had to rush to get to the safety meeting this morning. Just did not want to get out of bed. Good thing I made it though. It was one of the "required" safety meetings.
Not much going on at work. So many people are out on vacation because of Spring Break. Kim left for Tennessee today, so I won't get to see her again until next Monday. That means nobody to talk to. Bummer! It's nice having somebody to talk to over morning coffee. Oh well, I'll survive. Maybe I won't drink as much coffee. I've noticed that I don't even finish a full cup.
Had to go to the grocery store for Daddy at lunch, which meant I missed the exercise time again. Maybe I can manage to go on Friday. Sylvia dropped by to see me and Kim, but I told her Kim was on vacation. Sylvia's brother-in-law is in the hospital in Birmingham with cancer and she said he isn't doing very good. She went to visit this past weekend and said it was so sad seeing him like that. She took their little dog up to visit him. He was able to come out of ICU for a few minutes to see Nikki. He is in need of a miracle.
When I got back to the office after lunch, I got a call from the insurance adjuster who was working on the claim from our accident in January. I thought it had all been finalized. He wanted to know if I had thought of anything that they needed to pay for - any personal effects that might have gotten damaged in the accident. I told him no. He said he had checked with Allstate and they had paid my medical bills. He asked if I had gone back to the doctor and had any outstanding bills that they needed to pay. I told him that I did not go back to the doctor because I was fine and saw no need in going to the doctor. He asked if he could send me a check for $250 and call the case closed. I said "No! I don't want your money. There is nothing that you need to pay me for. I'm fine and nothing else was damaged." He said "Okay, how about I send you a check for $100 and you and Vance can go out and have a good meal?" I said "You don't have to do that." He said "I'll put a check in the mail today in your's and Vance's name. Go out and have a good meal." I said "God bless you, Jim. You really don't have to do that." He again told me that he was putting a check in the mail. Can you believe that? I've never heard of an insurance company begging you to take their money. I just didn't feel right about it, but I guess we'll be getting a check in the mail in the next few days. That has been the most wonderful experience with an insurance agent I've ever had. He's been so nice and so concerned about us. They gave us more money than they normally would have given on Vance's truck just because it was so clean. I got off the phone and immediately called Vance to tell him about the conversation. He was as shocked as I was. I just wish I had asked Jim how the girl was who pulled out in front of us. She had wanted to move here from Houston, but I don't know if she did or not. I've a good mind to call her uncle and see how she's doing. I sent her a card after the accident to let her know that Vance and I were okay. I didn't want her worrying that she might have hurt someone. It just seemed like the thing to do.
Went to church tonight and we had another great Praise and Worship service. They are just getting better and better. Pastor preached tonight. He seemed to be feeling pretty good. I missed Kim and Carrianne and the girls. Tabitha and the kids weren't there either. As soon as I got out of church, I called their house but nobody answered. I don't know if they went to see her mom in Dothan or where they are. It's just not like her to miss church.
It's time for me to get to bed.
Good night and God bless.....................
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment