Today was a little busier at work. I like it that way. I hate just sitting around trying to find something to do.
When I got to work, I realized I had left my cell phone at home. That's how everybody gets up with me including doctor's offices, so I knew I had to go get it at lunch. Went home for lunch and sure enough, Daddy had called four times. I called him back and he wanted to know if I could go to the store for him. He said he was out of groceries and cigarettes. Now, I just talked to him yesterday and he told me he had plenty of groceries. Yesterday, I didn't have plans at lunch that I couldn't break and I had nowhere to go after work. I had to tell him that he'd have to wait until tomorrow, because I was at home for lunch and I had a hair appointment at 3:30 that would last at least two hours and then I had Praise and Worship practice at church. I asked him why didn't he let me go yesterday when I asked. He said he didn't have a list made out yesterday. Well, he could have made the list out while I was driving over there. Normally, I would have dropped everything and gone to the store for him, but I decided I needed this time to myself and my hair was looking worse than it's looked in years. I knew he had fresh eggs that he could cook and he wouldn't go hungry. As for the cigarettes, well...............that could wait, too. The doctor has been trying to get him to quit. I guess it just hit me wrong today. I'll put off exercising at lunch tomorrow and go to the grocery store for him. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to start exercising. The doctor told me I needed to lose at least 10 lbs. to get my bloodwork back to normal.
Kim came in for about an hour to work. She's leaving first thing in the morning by herself going to Tennessee. If I had gotten prior notice, I might could have gone with her. But, I can't just up and leave on the spur of the moment. I would have to make arrangements for somebody to run errands for Daddy. And Vance doesn't sleep when I'm away from home overnight. I would have loved to have gone, but not for five days. Not without Vance.
I went to see Marsha at 3:30 and she colored my hair. It looks so good. It made me feel so much better about myself. Vance loved it when I ran in the house to kiss him before I went to practice. My mother keeps telling me I should go lighter since I'm older, but I like the dark auburn. It makes my blue eyes even bluer. And Vance hates my hair lighter. He loves it dark. I think I'll go with what my husband likes - I do have to live with him. Penny called while I was getting my hair done. She had gotten the results of my ultrasounds and she said they were perfectly normal. Praise the Lord! I love it when I'm told I'm normal. Cause I am far from it! But it's nice to hear anyway.
We had fun at practice tonight. Several people told me my hair looked great and Sammy Miles was picking on me about it. He said it looked a lot better than it did Sunday. Sunday, it was all curly and had that silver streak down the middle. He said when the lights hit it, that streak just shined. He said it looked like that Gremlin with the stripe down it's head. Didn't they call him Stripe or Streak or something like that? Steve told him he wasn't using a lot of wisdom talking to me like that. But, I can take it. Stuff like that just doesn't bother me. I make fun of myself all the time. I called it a skunk streak.
Came home and Vance has almost finished the hall floor. It's looking good, but I get so tickled watching the dogs. They love to jump around and play and instead they slide around. It is so funny. I guess I need to start moving everything out of Vance's old bedroom and get it painted so we can start laying the floor in there. I've still got to go get that bedroom suite from my Grandmother's house if we can ever get up with my aunt. She makes herself very scarce.
I'm heading off to bed now.
Good night and God bless.........................
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment