Wow! I can't believe it! I actually slept all night in our bed without waking up once. Amazing. But, I woke up feeling drugged. I hate that. I don't know why that happens. When I get the "normal" amount of sleep, I feel terrible the next day. When I don't get but a few hours sleep, I have a lot of energy. Yep, Penny, I think you're right - we must be aliens. Everything works just the opposite on us.
Went to work and apologized to Kim about not doing the task codes and having Gene jump down her throat because they were wrong. I told her I would email everybody concerned and take the blame for it. She came around her desk and hugged me and said no way. I asked when did Sheila send the email out saying I would take care of it. I thought maybe it was right after our accident and I just didn't remember. No, it was Jan. 2nd. I was on vacation all that week, so I couldn't have said I would take care of it, unless it was the last week of December that we talked about it and I just don't remember it. If I don't write things down, I forget them within minutes. I may or may not remember it later. It depends on how many things I'm doing at one time. I tend to multi-task, but sometimes that's not a good thing. I'm still thinking I must have talked to Sheila or she wouldn't have sent the email saying I would handle it.
At lunch, I was going to go to Taco Bell and get a taco salad when I started to pass Captain D's. I remembered they had several lobster dishes, so I turned in to order one. I have never eaten lobster before, so I thought I'd see what it tastes like. I ordered the langostino lobster/crab cake dinner. I did not notice what came with it until I got back to work to eat. There was a piece of fish, about 10 popcorn shrimp, fries, hushpuppies, cole slaw and a lobster/crab cake. I ate most of it and was totally miserable. I think the taco salad wouldn't have made me that miserable. It was good, but I'm still not sure what lobster tastes like. Couldn't tell; it was mixed with crab. I just know I was miserable the rest of the afternoon.
Called Mama on the way home. She went for a CT scan today to see if she's eligible for some type of lung surgery. She won't know until she goes back to see her doctor on the 23rd. I sure hope she can have the surgery.
Got some boxes from work and came home and finished unloading the bookcases so Vance can take it apart. We have tons of books. Vance and I are both voracious readers, so we have a lot of books.
On my way to church for P&W practice, I called Karen in Dothan. She and I have the same birthday, so I wanted to wish her an early Happy Birthday. She's going to be in town Friday, so we made plans to meet for lunch. I've decided to take the day off for my birthday holiday. Maybe I can get my fax machine hooked up and straighten up my computer room. I just feel the need to get my house in order. It is such a mess. I'm a packrat and I'm becoming overwhelmed with stuff. I've got to get some organization into my life. I think that's one reason I don't sleep at night. My mind is so full of things that I need to get done.
We're practicing a song that we are really having problems with. I love the song "History Maker", but the musicians are going to have to transpose it into another key. I either have to sing real low or squeal in a higher key. I don't like to squeal, and the lower range is just too low for me. I sound like a barritone. Not pretty. I just haven't been singing, cause it is such a struggle. I think the musicians are going to try to work it out for us. None of the women singers have found a good range. I think Kyle just needs to sing it as a solo. Donna brought in a song by The Lily's called "He Knows My Name." I loved it. The words were so meaningful. I could listen to it over and over all day long. I think we are going to try to get the music for it and do it. What a wonderful worship song.
Well, I guess I better get in bed. It's 11:00 and I'm beginning to get sleepy.
Good night and God Bless.....................
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment