I think half of our people are off this week for Spring Break with their kids. It was awful quiet at work today. I managed to stay busy all day, but the day just drug by.
At lunch, I went to Target and spent the gift card my boss gave me for my birthday, plus more. I had to buy workout clothes. A few of us at work are going to start working out at lunch. I didn't have a thing to wear. Didn't have a pair of shorts that fit. But I did find something, so I'll be ready to go.
Daddy called to let me know that he still hadn't received his check from March. I'm hoping it will come in sometime this week. I asked him if he needed me to go buy him any groceries and he said he had plenty. That big refrigerator has been a blessing. His old one didn't hold very much frozen food, so I would have to shop at least once a week and sometimes more. We bought plenty of canned goods, so he's in business. He said he was doing fine. I kinda miss going over there and talking to him, but it has been nice being able to do something for myself once in a while.
Talked to Mama today. She seems to be in better spirits. Wants me to go over and dig up some of her amarillas and plant them in my yard. She said she has so many that she'd like to share. I'll have to do that one Saturday. I think it would be pretty having a bed in the middle of my yard with them blooming. But I really want to get the inside of my house in order before I work on the outside.
I came home and started putting my winter clothes in a big Rubbermaid container. I don't think we are going to have much more cold weather. We didn't have enough to kill the bugs. Fleas are taking over everywhere. Everybody is talking about fleas in their houses and in the yards. We've already fogged our house twice and it's time to fog again. Vance is going to have to spray the yard or we will never get control of the problem. It's not as bad as it was one year. We just didn't have enough freezing weather to kill them. And we have a very sandy yard, which makes it worse. I hate fleas! Unfortunately, they love me. They don't even get on Vance. Could it be the nicotine in his bloodstream turns them off? Maybe he has nasty tasting blood....
Penny called. Haven't talked to her since last Monday when she called apologizing for not calling on my birthday. She's been having it rough at work. She told me Chad was sick, so I called to check on him. Stomach bug going around again.
Well, not much happening today. Will write more later.
Good night and God bless...................
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment