Thursday, August 24, 2006

Awesome Wednesday

Gallivanting Photographer As usual, I was rushing to get to work because of our weekly safety meeting. It was 45 minutes long and meant absolutely nothing to me. They were talking about tools that the linemen use. Not a single thing they said was of any use to me. I needed a cup of coffee when I got out of there to wake me up.

After the safety meeting, the linemen stayed in and was informed that the company wants to put them on four 10-hour days, four shifts a day, seven days a week. I'm not sure how that works; there's only 24 hours in a day the last time I checked. I guess they plan on overlapping the shifts? We all think it is a bad idea, cause we don't have enough people to do the work as it is. Now, it's getting close to the end of the year when everybody takes vacation (we have a lot of deer hunters who save all their vacation to go hunting). How can you man all these shifts when we don't have enough people to do the work as it is. And, it's real hard to do line work in the middle of the night. Would you want a linemen in front of your yard in the middle of the night when you're trying to sleep? Those trucks make a lot of noise. Somebody could get shot. I think management needs to rethink this. They are trying to cut down on overtime, but when you only have four linemen and they usually work together on big jobs, how can you do the big jobs when two or three of them are off or are on other shifts? It doesn't take a giant brain to figure out that you are going to be calling them in to work more than one shift per day to get the work done.

At lunch, I headed to Taco Bell. I was craving a Taco Salad. When I got there, the drive-thru line was super long and the parking lot was full. No time to wait, so I ended up at Sonic. Got a burger instead. That's not what I wanted!! Had to force myself to eat it. Don't you just hate days like that - you crave some type food all day and find out you can't get it. Bummer!

Got back to work and helped Kim by folding the big drawings she had to go with a big job we've got coming up. It's funny - houses are not selling, but builders just keep building. I really believe the housing market is about to bust wide open and the builders will be selling the houses for exactly what they have invested in them. They will not be able to make a profit. Something is about to happen in Bay County. The people got their tax statements and they are up in arms. Taxes have about doubled what they were last year. People can't afford to pay the taxes and the huge insurance bills. A lot of people are talking about boycotting the Property Appraisers Office. Do I see the Boston Tea Party repeating itself? Something is going to happen that's for sure. Just sit back and watch the fireworks.

Boy, did we have an awesome church service tonight! People were getting saved in the middle of Mrs. Sandi's preaching. They were coming to the altar and going into the prayer room while she was talking about the foundations in the church. Not a text that would bring conviction by no means, but the Spirit of God was moving and they were getting saved. After the service, she called anybody up who wanted prayer. Well, who doesn't need prayer?! We all do for one reason or another, if not just to draw closer to God. It was so awesome what was happening to people - salvation, healing, deliverance. There was such a sweet spirit in the place that you didn't want to leave even after we were dismissed. You just wanted to hang around and soak it all in. Our God is an Awesome God!

Well, gotta get to bed. Good night and God bless************

1 comment:

sharon b said...

Yess!! Our God is an Awesome God!!!

Management always has their head in clouds.. My husband works power system control room problems.. They will call him an hour before some load needs to come on or got off with problem that they want fixed in two minutes that they could have seen happening an hour or more ago.. Love the 2:30 am calls at home.. Management...and big business...