Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend's Come and Gone

Gallivanting Photographer Got up a little late this morning and had a run in with the toilet. It just would not stop running. I had to shut the water off to get it to stop. Poor Vance had to work on it all day and change out all the insides. He is so good at things like that. It just amazes me at all the things he can do.

I was a little late for church because of fighting with the toilet. Karen wasn't there. She's sick. I pray for a complete healing in her entire body. We had a good Praise and Worship. Marian is back playing the flute and it adds so much to the music. It just sounds like something from heaven - so beautiful. I told Mrs. Sandi that I would probably see her tomorrow at kickboxing. I've got to get back in shape now that I've started losing weight again.

I've decided that I will not be taking pictures at any more weddings after I do Jamie and Judy's. I took pictures for a couple at church, gave them the pictures and they never said "thank you" or even offered to pay me anything. Today, they asked "wasn't the negatives supposed to have been with the pictures?" Still didn't say thank you. I don't even know if they liked the pictures. I spent right at $250, not counting my time. I guess they thought I was doing it for free, even though the mothers said they were going to pay me. That's what I get for not having a signed contract. Now, Jamie and Judy will be free. I have known Jamie for many years - he and Chad were in school together at First Presbyterian Christian School. Jamie is like one of my own and I always told him I would do his pictures for free. But, I didn't even know this couple very well and I only agreed at the last minute because they couldn't find a photographer and I felt sorry for them. I'm looking forward to Jamie and Judy's wedding, but I've got to make sure my cameras are working. My Nikon isn't, so I've got to put it in the shop. My Canon is leaving a stripe down the middle of the photos. I may end up just using my Sony digital if I can't get them fixed. Or, maybe I can borrow a camera from Ro-Mo if I take mine there to be repaired. I'll try to check on that tomorrow at lunch.

After church, Tabitha and the kids were leaving to go to Dothan. Tabitha's mom was getting baptised tonight. That's exciting. I ran by Dot's house to drop off a CD that she had loaned Mrs. Sandi. We talked until 3:30. We haven't done that in years. I miss spending time with Dot. Even though we don't get to spend time together, we are always there for each other. When I was having what the doctors thought was Meniere's attacks, Dot and Olga came over to pray for me. All we have to do is call.....

I ran by Taco Bell and got a burrito and ate, then ran to Best Buy to get more printer ink. I finally got around to printing out the book I made of Penny's 40th birthday pictures. It turned out so good. I also made one for Keyan's 1st birthday. Got to get it to Jodi and Scot sometime. I think they will like it. I worked on trying to repair an old picture of me holding Elsie the Borden's cow. I think I was around 7 or 8 at the time. I was able to get rid of all the dark scratches on the photo, but not the white ones. I don't know what to do with those. Adobe Photoshop Elements just didn't do the trick. (I tried to add the picture to this post, but it wouldn't work.) I tried last night to add an image, but couldn't get it to work either.

Since I didn't get my nap in today, I guess I better get in bed and try to get some sleep. It's back to the old grind again tomorrow.

Good night and God bless.......

1 comment:

sharon b said...

I hope you didn't give those people the negatives... And have you tried giving them a bill for your services.. I know as mothers and woman we have a hard time doing that.. I give my quilts away to charities that do say thank you only.. I do charge for quilts that people do request to have. Give them a bill for photo's and price for the negatives.. My kids had to pay for their negatives and Thousand plus dollars to the photographer who did a terrible job on their photos.. Get tough and ask.. All they can say is no.. and then you know to get a signed contract the next time. And from what Chris says .. you are a photographer....So hang tough.. Maybe you should blow up some of your prints frame sell or have a show..