Gallivanting Photographer It's Friday and payday. What more could you ask for, unless it was Friday and you were off. I almost took off today, but decided against it. It wasn't a terribly busy day, but boy was it eventful! Tempers are flairing everywhere. We are just too understaffed, people are working long hours and nobody seems to appreciate the extra work, so all I heard today was fussing and fighting from the guys. I have begged my boss, the warehouse supervisor and the person in charge of renovations to please put me in the office across from mine. It has three windows (I have none) and I would be totally by myself. I wouldn't have to be in the hub of everything, hearing things that I could later have to retell to HR if somebody gets fired. Our office is where everybody comes to talk out everything. I'm stuck over in the corner and I try to turn up my music to drown them out. I don't want to hear everybody fussing. I do not like confrontations! I will do anything to keep from being around a fight.
Daddy and I went to lunch today. We both saw several people that we knew. I saw Jr. (can't remember his last name). He was Vance and Chad's baseball coach. He hasn't changed a bit. He still remembers Vance and Chad.
Penny called. She's officially dating Mikey. I met him at her 40th birthday party in April. He seems nice enough and he's been someone she could talk to when things went bad. I just told her not to jump into anything serious too soon.
Today was Swayde's first day of school. Penny said she cried like a baby. I know that feeling. I had to take off from work the days my boys started kindergarten. They were fine. I cried all day. It was traumatic for me. You realize that they are growing up and it just seems too fast. One minute they are babies and the next they are having babies of their own. It just doesn't seem real sometimes. That's when you realize that you are closer to the end of your life than the beginning and you just pray that you won't be a burden to your family in your old age.
Speaking of old age! Fran got me to go to a website called RealAge.com. You answer their questions about your health and they tell you what your "real age" is. It's not a pretty picture. Fran is 61 and I'm 65. That is not acceptable. Most of my problems stem from the fact that both my grandmothers had breast cancer, I'm obese and don't exercise and I don't floss my teeth as much as I should. Fran immediately joined HealthPlex to begin exercising. She will be going at 5:00 or 6:00 in the mornings. Not me! That's when I'm getting my best sleep. I've been there before and the afternoons right after work are so crowded you have to wait for the machines. That's the only time I could go, so I told her I couldn't join. Besides, it's $30 a month. I am seriously thinking about going back to kickboxing with Sandi. She goes three days a week, but I would only be able to go on Monday and Thursday. They don't have a class on Friday. And I'm tied up with the church on Tuesday and Wednesday. Kickboxing is only $3 per session. It's a lot of fun and Sandi has lost a lot of weight. It will be hard at first, but I will be able to catch up pretty fast. It's a pretty intense workout.
Karen was supposed to move today. I hope the rain didn't catch her during the move. She doesn't have a phone, so I will just have to wait for her to contact me. I pray that all goes well with her.
Praise and Worship had to clean the church tonight, so I went to do my window cleaning. That's my job - I do all the glass inside and out. We had six people show up tonight. That made it a lot easier and quicker. Usually, we don't have that many.
I stopped by Chad's on the way home to give him their VEMMA. They are going to try Trent on it since he can't take Ritalin anymore. Their insurance ran out and they just can't afford the medicine. So far, he's done pretty good in school, but he got in trouble on the bus yesterday. Tabitha is also going to take it to see if it will help with her kidney problems. She was at work tonight. I called her earlier today and had a nice chat with her and Hope. Before I hung up with Hope, she said "Sugars and hugs, Nonna!" That was so sweet!!!
Bay County now has a uniform rule in all their schools and I think it is the best thing they have ever done. All the kids look so good in their uniforms and you can't tell the rich from the poor - they all look alike. The teachers are even commenting on how the kids seem more confident this year because they all look alike. I've seen them standing out waiting for busses and they look really cute. They should have done this years ago. Now, they can concentrate on learning and not on who has the best clothes or who's showing the most skin. No more trampy girls walking around.
Well, I hear thunder and it's getting close, so I better shut my computer down and go to bed. Good night and God bless......
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment