Gallivanting Photographer What an awesome day it has been. I haven't stopped smiling all day.
It started out like a typical Wednesday. Yep, the safety meeting. It was a good meeting, followed by a United Way presentation. The St. Andrews Bay Center brought one of their clients, George. I knew George over 20 years ago at Springfield Methodist. George is very special. I remember when his mother came to our church with George. They didn't have much money or anything else. I think they came to the church mission house for food and decided to check out the church services. They were very dedicated and George had a heart for worship. While we were singing, he would sing at the altar. Most of the time, you couldn't understand what he was saying, but God understood. And if he had a burden for somebody, he was there at the altar praying, crying out to God. He has such a sweet spirit. Over the years, I've seen George off and on whenever I would visit the St. Andrew Bay Center. He would look at me, cock his head to the side and say "Do I know you?" I'd say, "Yes, George. We went to church together and I used to take you home after service when it was raining or bad weather." He'd say "I remember." Today, I walked up to him and said "George, I'm very proud of you. I used to go to church with you at Springfield Methodist." He said "How's Mrs. Sandi? I always liked Mrs. Sandi. And Mr. Sammy. Mr. Sammy was always so good to me." I told him they were doing fine and that I was going to their church. Then he said "Do you remember Pastor Fred? I love Pastor Fred." George is now 41 and he lives in an apartment with a roommate and works half the week at a regular job, then volunteers the other half. He says he likes to help people. It really blessed me to see how far he has come.
Right after that meeting, I had two more. We did not finish until 11:45. I checked my phone messages and Tabitha had called three times. I called her back and she asked me if I had read my emails. I told her I hadn't even been to my office yet. Well, I had to shout when she told me that Debbie and Alex (missionaires to Indonesia) were approved today for adoption of little Elijah Joseph. They have had him since he was a few days old and I believe he will be two in November. I was laughing and crying and jumping up and down; I was so excited. We have prayed for almost two years.
Then, she told me that another one of our prayers had been answered. We have been praying for a babysitter for Hope. Chad got a call last night from Katie (my nephew Corey's wife) and she asked if she could keep Hope. And she is charging the same thing that Tabitha was paying before. And the really great thing is that Chad can take her with him to work and bring her home because he meets Chip over at Corey's house every morning for work. Praise God! Their baby, McKinley, will have somebody to play with everyday.
Now, I've saved the best for last! Tabitha went to the kidney doctor about three weeks ago with a horrible infection. They sent her for an IVP of her kidneys to see what was going on. Well, her insurance ran out the very next day, so she couldn't afford to get the antibiotics (and she wouldn't ask us for the money). She just decided to trust God. She went back to the doctor today to get the results. You are not going to believe this! She barely had an infection and this was with no antibiotics. They told her years ago, that she would probably have to be on anitbiotics the rest of her life to keep the infections down. * About 7 years ago, they wanted to remove her left kidney, saying it was so diseased that it had to be removed. I begged her to get a second opinion. She went to another doctor who did a cystoscopy on her free of charge (that was God working even before she got saved). He came out and told me that he would not remove the kidney, because if she was in an accident and lost her right (good) kidney, then her left was strong enough to take over and keep her alive. He just put her on strong antibiotics. * All this time, two doctors had run several tests on her, even an IVP. Well, today the doctor told her that she had two kidney stones - no big deal there, but he was going to have to do lithrotripsy. (I've been there, done that.) Then, he told her that she had two left kidneys. Amazing that it never showed up on any of the previous tests. The first thing I thought was - God is doing a creative miracle in her body. He is creating another kidney to take the place of the diseased one. He is making it known to doctors and everybody else that He is healing her; a doctor will not get the credit for this. I truly believe that the diseased kidney will eventually shrink away to nothing and the new one will take its place. I know it sounds very strange, but I've seen God give a man a brand new heart before. He died on the operating table about to have several bypasses. When they revived him, there was nothing wrong with his heart. They said it didn't even look the same. He was in Birmingham and we had been praying for him at the time of the surgery. Everybody around me was praying for the surgery to go well and I felt led to pray "God, give him a brand new heart. Don't let them repair the old one. Give him a new heart!" Olga was standing beside me and heard my prayer, so she started praying the same thing. Several others around us caught on and we all prayed for a brand new heart. And he got a brand new heart. I've heard personal accounts of limbs growing (my own father had one leg shorter than the other and God grew the short leg out at a tent revival in West Bay when he was a little boy. My grandmother and aunt have told me that story for years.) So, don't put God in a box. He is still in the miracle healing business and Tabitha is getting a new kidney, in Jesus' name!
What an awesome God we serve.
Good night and God bless...............
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment