Saturday, August 19, 2006

Seems Like Saturday

Gallivanting Photographer Yes, it seems like Saturday to me today. I didn't have to go to work since Vance was having a colonoscopy. I even slept late today. Hardly ever do that. We went to the clinic and checked him in. You always have a long wait during these procedures. Even though the procedure itself only takes 15-20 minutes. I carried a book in to read - "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer. They finally came and got Vance and I sat there watching the big screen TV. The big story is the Jon Benet Ramsey murder suspect they have arrested - John Karr. I'm a little skeptical. I think the guy is just crazy and admitting to a murder he didn't commit. We'll just have to wait and see. But, I do hope they find the real killer.

While I was waiting, I saw two women walk in. One was carrying a bag that looked like a Creative Memories tote. The older one was called back for her prep and when I turned around (looking for a bathroom), I saw the other woman with photos. I turned and started a conversation with her and found out she is a Creative Memories consultant and she lives just a few blocks from me. I asked if she had a catalog and she said she didn't, but she would drop one around at my house this afternoon if I would give her my address. I did better than that - I gave her my business card and a Secret Edge CD and told her I also was in a home-based business. I asked if she took vitamins and she said "It's funny you should ask. My doctor has told me that I need to start taking vitamins since I had a hysterectomy." She said she would listen to the CD and get back with me. We had a nice visit, then I was called back to wait in a room while Vance was having the procedure. It only took 15 minutes and Dr. Rao came in and told me that he was fine; no polyps or cancer was found. I said "Praise the Lord." He said that he would see him in five years unless he had reason to come back. I should have made an appointment while I was in there, but I didn't. We came home and I left again to run some errands. I carried Marsha her VEMMA. She was excited to get it. She said she has really been feeling better and no migraines. That is a miracle, cause she had them all the time. I went to Office Max and got some labels. I'm going to make labels for Olga and me to put on the CD's and our handouts. Olga gave me some brochures yesterday. We help each other out. She sold two of my packs today. She is doing real good with her downline. She keeps adding people every day. She's out in the public and can talk to people. I am going to have to rely on the CD's to bring them in to me, because I am afraid to talk about it at work. We have such stringent rules now where you can't run another business while you are at work, so I'm not even going to talk about it. I could probably get 1/4 of the people using the vitamins, cause they are all so health conscious.

Went by the Credit Union to get some gas money and money for Vance to play golf tomorrow. Had a nice visit with Fran and Dee. Bought a few groceries before coming home. I had not eaten all day, so I was starving. It was 3:30 before I got a chance to eat anything.

Vance is doing fine. I figured he would sleep while I was gone, but he said he was wide awake. We had a good supper since he has not been able to eat for a couple of days. He ate and went to bed. Gotta get that rest so he can go play golf in the morning.

No comments: