Friday, August 11, 2006

Emotional Ups and Downs

Gallivanting Photographer Wow! Today has been spent dealing with so many emotions. Not mine - everybody else's. Tabitha called because the lady that can keep Hope lives clear across town in the opposite direction of Gulf Coast. Trent has gotten in trouble on the bus and may get expelled from riding the bus, so Tabitha will have to take him to school every morning. There is no way she can be in three places at one time. So, she's still looking for a babysitter for Hope. She's wondering if she should just give up college and become a stay-at-home mom. If so, she has to pay back the scholarship she received and spent on books and tuition. I didn't know how to counsel her. I just told her that we would continue to pray for God's guidance. If it's meant for her to continue her college, He will make a way.

Work was the usual today. Nothing special happening there. I took Daddy to lunch. It's our weekly date. He really looks forward to it. We usually go to Western Steer because it's a buffet and we can get in and get out and I can be back to work in exactly an hour. I had to take off early to take him to the doctor. He's doing good. He's come a long way in the past two years - from death's door to only going to the doctor about every three months. Praise God for his healing! Found out that his cat Katrina has had kittens again. We never did get around to having her fixed. Daddy saw three of them today. We need to find them homes. I wish I could take one, but I don't think Vinnie and Shadow would like a cat invading their space.

Speaking of cats, our neighbor's cat, Boots, had to be put to sleep today. She was over 20 years old. I told Vance that I knew it would be a short time for her because she had started coming to visit us every afternoon and waiting for us to leave in the morning. She never used to do that. I remember when Charlie (same neighbor's cat) was getting ready to die, she would come over and cry on our front porch late at night. Vance was working nights then and I was by myself. I would go outside and sit on the porch and hold Charlie and talk to her and pet her. I even prayed over her one night because she seemed so weak. She got a little better, but I could tell she was going to die. She had cancer. I believe she was telling me goodbye, just like Boots has been telling us goodbye these last few weeks. She lived a really long life. Trent saw her a few weeks ago and told Tabitha that he needed to take her home and nurse her back to health - that she needed him. Bless his sweet heart!

I didn't get to go to kickboxing, cause we didn't get out of the doctor's office in time. It really wasn't meant for me to go, because I needed to be here when Penny called. She called crying because Swayde got in trouble at school and at Bay Base. Then, she gets home and Tiffaney tells her that she will be moving to Georgia next week because she got an athletic (softball) scholarship to a college in Thomasville. Hey, Vance and Michelle, she will close to you. Penny is glad she got the chance to go further in her college, but she is devistated over her moving out of state. Poor Penny! I really feel for her. I know how hard it was to let Vance move to Tallahassee and Chad to move to Dothan. It broke my heart to know that I wouldn't be seeing them everyday, but I had to realize that they have lives that don't include me. You have to let them go. Penny said she and Swayde were both crying. Swayde had just told Tiffaney a couple of weeks ago that she could never leave him; that it would break his heart. Well, we'll just have to go see Tiffaney in Thomasville and swing by and see Vance and Michelle, too. Maybe I will get to travel a little more. It would be great if Tiffaney was close enough to visit with Vance and Michelle. Maybe they could get her interested in their church.

Went to Mrs. Sandi's first class tonight. It was really good. I'm glad they are taping it so I can get a copy for Tabitha.

Found out my first check from VEMMA is in the mail! It's a small one, but it's a beginning. Olga called me today. Her husband, Ron, had gone to the doctor right before he started taking the VEMMA and his cholosterol was 187. They checked it again and it came down 31 points. The only thing he has done differently is take VEMMA. He was so excited and the doctor told him to keep doing what he was doing and he'd probably be taking him off some of his medicine for other things. You see, VEMMA is listed in the Physician's Desk Reference for Vitamins and Supplements and doctors actually tell their patients to take it. One of those doctors appears on Oprah Winfrey all the time and he has her on VEMMA. It's been advertised on her show several times. I just know how much better I feel.

Well, I better sign off for now. I gotta make some copies of some photographs for Penny from her 40th birthday party. It was in April and I'm just now getting around to giving her the pictures. I'm also going to see Scot and Jodi either tomorrow after work or Saturday to give them the book I made from Keyan's First Birthday pictures. It will be a keepsake he can have forever.

Good night and God bless.......

No comments: