Gallivanting Photographer Yep, I decided to play hooky today. I called in and took a day of vacation. Wanted to do a little throwing away, giving away and putting away. You know, cleaning!
Olga called. She wasn't feeling very good. We talked a while and then I prayed for her.
Was in the middle of cleaning when I heard the door open. Not a good sound when you're home alone. But, it was Vance. He had taken off around 11:00 because he had a doctor's appointment at 2:50. The old dreaded colonoscopy appointment where you get the prescription for that nasty stuff you have to drink. They also gave him several pills to take. The last time I had a colonoscopy, I couldn't keep the drink down. I kept throwing up. I know I need another one (the doctor's office keeps telling me I do), but I can't drink that stuff. I guess I'll have to fast for a week before I have mine and just take the pills. Vance is scheduled for Wednesday, but I asked him if he could get it changed. I have three meetings that morning. (I had told him that, but he forgot when they made the appointment.) He's been having some problems, so I'm praying that everything will be okay.
My neighbor, Caroline, came over and brought me two plants. One is a lilac crepe myrtle and the other plant has a white bloom on it, but neither one of us knows what it is. Vinnie and Shadow got out while I was talking to her and decided to leave home. Vinnie was a block away and I ran to where he was and told him to go home. Boy, did he get mad at me! He jumped at me like he was going to tear me to shreds. I just laughed and told him if he bit me he'd be a dead dog. That seemed to calm him down a little, but he growled all the way home. Shadow, on the other hand, took off running in the opposite direction. I just came home and waited about 15 minutes, walked outside and saw her galloping home. I guess she decided home was better than running free. When she got in the house, I sent her to lay in the hallway. She stayed there until Vance came home and told her she could come out. She minds very well.
Trent called to see if I could take him to Cub Scouts tomorrow. I can't. I have Praise & Worship practice on Tuesday nights. I wish I could. No, I really wish Chad would take him. I think it would be good for Chad to get involved with his son. They could build that little soap box derby car like he did when he was in Cub Scouts.
Vance went to take some clothes to Goodwill for me and to check with a mechanic friend of his to see about taking my car in for a check-up. It's skipping while idling. I have to keep one foot on the brake and one on the gas to keep it running at red lights. I asked him to stop down the street and pick up a black metal chair that was thrown out by the road. It's just the frame. He brought it home and I set it around my mandevilla so it could attach itself to the chair. It needed something to cling to and I thought the chair would be perfect. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow. The mosquitoes were eating me alive, so I got inside as quickly as I could.
Finally got to eat the burritoes that Tabitha made us last night. They were really good. She is a very good cook.
Penny called. She and Tiffaney went to Thomasville to check out the college. It is called Thomas University. It's a very small college. It used to be a plantation and the dorm is an old retirement home. She will be sharing a room with a girl from Canada and one of the girls she played softball with at Gulf Coast (the pitcher) is also going there. They met and really liked the coach. She will only be going four days, so she can come home Thursday after school and go back Sunday. Penny said it only took 2 hours and 5 minutes to get there. They went a different way than I go. They went 231 to the Marianna Cutoff and then got on I-10. I may have to try that the next time I go visit Vance and Michelle. She swore to me that she drove the speed limit. Tiffaney has to be there this Thursday. Maybe we can all get together this weekend and have a going-away party for her.
I watched a cool mystery show on the Hallmark Channel tonight called Mystery Woman. It's a series. I'll have to find out when it comes on again. I love mysteries. It got over at 10:00 and I colored my hair. I'm letting it dry now before I go to bed. Mama always said never go to bed with wet hair. You'll catch a cold. Well, I don't think it will be dry before I get to bed, cause I'm headed that way now.
Good night and God bless**************
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment