Gallivanting Photographer It was wild at work today. Everybody seems to be in such a grumpy mood. We are all so overworked. I was late, because Boots (our neighbor's 20 year old cat) would not get out from under my car. I don't think she can hear very well, cause she wouldn't come when I called her. I finally got her out and she was heading to her house. I jumped in the car and started to back up and noticed out my side mirror that she was heading back to my car. I got out again and coaxed her to the middle of my yard. I ran back to the car, jumped in and backed out before she could head my way again. Lately, she seems to want to be around Vance and me. She waits for us to come home and follows us if we are in the yard. I wonder if her time is getting short. It seemed Charlie did the same thing before she died. She would cry outside my front door late at night wanting me to come out and just pet her. I would go out and sit on the front step and hold her and talk to her. Then, one day Caroline told me she had died. Boots is looking really bad. Trent wanted to take her home and nurse her back to health one day when he was over here. He's always liked her and she always let him pet her even when he was just a toddler. She was waiting on me when I got home this evening, too.
I helped Kim most of the day because Sid hasn't gotten me any timesheets. I am now 6 days behind. I may have to have a little talk with him tomorrow, or just go get them out of his office and input them without his signature. He can sign them after the fact.
Took my Nikon to Ro-Mo at lunch. They had to send it off to be repaired. She said it would probably cost between $150 and $200 and it won't be back for about 8-10 weeks. I won't be using that camera for Jamie's wedding! She told me that the stripe from the other camera is probably the foam around the door is coming off. We can tape it for now, but it will also have to be sent off for repairs. Heck, I could buy a new Canon digital for the price I'm going to have to pay to get my SLR's repaired.
Believe it or not, but I went to kickboxing after work today. I had gone for a couple of months last year, but either I got sick or Daddy did and I had to quit. I was afraid I couldn't keep up, but I surprised myself. We were doing stomach crunches and she said to do 60. I made it to 40! I was so happy. I could probably have forced myself to do 60, but I didn't want to kill myself the first day back. I felt pretty good when I left and still feel pretty good, but I can tell some soreness is starting to set in in my lower back. I will probably be sore tomorrow! I plan on going back Thursday, too. I'd love to go three times a week, but we have Praise and Worship practice tomorrow night and I wouldn't want to be late for that.
Good night and God bless......
P.S. Thanks Sharon for the vote of confidence. She thinks I should get some of my pictures enlarged and have a show. I've always wanted to do that, but don't even know how to go about it. That's something maybe I can do when I retire.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment