Speaking of new machines, I went to Alltel at lunch and got two new phones. I just wanted the basic phone, no bells and whistles, but the Nokia that's about the size of a candy bar (not a flip phone) was actually cheaper than the no bells and whistles phone and the salesman said the Nokia got better reception than the flip phones. That's what I'm looking for - good reception. It's also a camera phone. I told him I'd probably never use it cause I carry my digital with me everywhere I go. After I finished my work today, I started transferring numbers and getting to know the phone. What I like about the plan is that I can add those 10 people who are on other plans to my calling plan for free. That will really help, cause I have a lot of people who don't use the same company I do. I had to come home and teach Vance how to use it. He's not very gadget savy, which is so surprising because he is very mechanical minded. I guess there's a difference, cause I can figure out phones and simple computer programs, but can't do any mechanical work. I think he will like it and he's even getting interested in how to enter phone numbers and pull them back up for ease of dialing.
Before coming home, I ran by to see Jodi and Keyan. They have not been out of the house in a month. Keyan has been in the hospital twice - once with a very high fever and the second time was from an allergic reaction to eggs. Jodi is so sweet. I had made her a booklet of all the pictures that I had taken at Keyan's birthday party. (This is Scot, Keyan and Jodi.)
When she saw it, she started crying. She thought it was the best present. Keyan liked it, too. He could point out people and call them by name. He is so cute and so little. At first, he didn't want anything to do with me, but before I left, he was flirting with me. He even winked at me once. He hugged and kissed me goodbye. We had a very nice visit. Found out that Jodi and Tonya go to the same stroller exercise class and they have become very good friends. They even met for lunch one day last week. She didn't know Tonya was my niece and I don't think Tonya knows that Jodi is my niece by marriage either. That's so funny. Small world, isn't it? I'll have to call Tonya tomorrow and break the news. The minute I mentioned Mario, Jodi perked up and then I said Tonya and she said "I know Tonya!" I then told her Tonya was my niece. She couldn't believe it. I can see her and Tonya together. I think they would be great friends.Didn't do much when I got home. Just played around with the phones transferring numbers. I could have gotten the guy at Alltel to transfer them, but I had to get back to work.
I'm getting tired, so I'm going to call it a night. Good night and God bless..................

No comments:
Post a Comment