Monday, August 14, 2006

Sunday Showers

Gallivanting Photographer I didn't go to bed until 2:00 am. Just was not tired. Got up and went to church. We had an awesome service. Pastor is still preaching on Relationships - today he spoke about values. This has been a good series. We had a few visitors today. One girl had a one month old baby. She was so precious. The mother told me and Tabitha that Hope helped take care of her in the nursery. Hope is still the church's baby. Everybody has to tell her goodbye before they leave. Most want to hold her and get a hug - and she gives them out, but is particular about who she gives them to. She loves Karen and always goes to Karen for a hug. Today, Karen asked her if she wanted to go home with her and Hope said "Yes." I think she would have, too. There are a few of the younger kids that she won't go to. She gives them dirty looks when they ask for a hug. She always wants to sit in my car, so I turn it on to get it cool and let her sit in the seat and play. Today, Trent climbed in with her and was sharing his bag of candy. Hope was eating a blue sucker and got blue all over her face. It was so cute. Then, Trent got a piece of blue taffy. Hope started grabbing for it and they were in a tug of war. She definitely holds her own with big brother. Tabitha says she will fight for what she wants and will not back down just because someone is bigger than she is.

After church, I headed for Sam's Wholesale looking for cheese balls. I've found them there before, but I had no luck today. I had told Nicki that I would bring cheese balls to Sheree' and Terrance's shower this afternoon. I ended up settling on mini cheesecakes. Pulled through McDonald's and got a fish sandwich. I was starving! No time to eat a salad. By the time I got home, I had just enough time to change clothes and head out to the shower. When I titled this Sunday Showers, I meant more than one. We had a bridal shower while it was storming outside. But, we definitely need the rain. My morning glory bush and my mandevilla are both blooming in my front yard. I just love flowers. We had a good time at the shower. It was so funny - everytime Sheree' would open a card with money in it, she put the money down the front of her blouse in her bra. Terrance had an envelope that he got to put the checks and gift cards in. Don't know who ended up with the most.

Before she left the shower, Tabitha whispered in my ear that she was cooking supper for us tonight. She is so sweet. I got home and went into my computer room to change clothes. The light had blown, so I proceeded to change the bulb. It literally exploded in my hand. I threw the broken bulb on the floor. Was glad it didn't scare me enough to make me fall off the stepladder. I told Vance about it and he turned off the power and tried to retrieve the broken end that was stuck in the socket. No luck. He ended up going and buying a new socket and replaced the old one. He said the old one was probably the original one; probably about 30 years old! I fell asleep on the couch until Tabitha came over bringing two burritos and all the fixings. She brought Hope with her, so she could see PawPaw. She wanted to stay with us, but she had to go home. I hit the couch again and didn't wake up until 9:00. Too late to fix the burritos. Vance went to bed and I ate some yogurt. Watched a special on Mohammad Ali.

Vance checked the mail (from yesterday) and I got my first VEMMA check. It's going to West Java Outreach in Indonesia. I'm planting seeds in that ministry. Alex and Debbie and Elijah are coming for a visit in August. I hope to have more to give them before then.

Now, it's time to get in bed again since it's after 12:00. Good night and God bless..................

No comments: