Sunday, August 20, 2006

Saturday - Cleaning Day

Gallivanting Photographer Michelle will be very happy to hear that I threw away two huge leaf/garbage bags full of junk today. I have been working in Vance's old room trying to get it cleaned out. Spent most of the morning working in there while Vance was playing golf. He didn't get home until almost 4:00 because he had to stick around until the entire group got finished to see if his boogey won him any money. Yep, it did! He's a good golfer.

Tabitha and the kids came over for a few minutes this morning. Hope is talking up a storm now. She was even telling the dogs what to do. Shadow wanted to give her a kiss and she said "No! No kiss. I pet you." So Shadow sat down and let Hope pet her and she didn't try to give her kisses. Shadow understood exactly what Hope wanted.

Mama called and told me that my cousin, Jimmy, was in town. I called my Aunt Audrey, but Jimmy and Debbie had just left to go meet some friends at J. Michael's for lunch. Jimmy is V.P. of ADT Security in Tennessee.

After Vance got home, I started going through my boxes of pictures. I'm trying to get as many scanned into my computer and transferred on CD's as I can. Especially before we have any hurricanes. I'm weeding out and throwing away (there I go again. I must be getting the hang of "throwing away") the pictures that are fuzzy, don't pertain to anything important and those I just don't like. I found a lot of photos of my Grandmother's that I need to scan and get the originals to my uncles. It is of them when they were in the service. I'm sure their kids would enjoy seeing them. I've got a lot of pictures of Vance and Chad when they were little that I need to scan and give the originals to them. I'm going to be very busy, cause I have thousands of pictures to scan.

Well, another day has come to an end. I need to take my bath, wash my hair and get to bed. Good night and God bless............

2 comments:

michellenotdawn said...

I am so proud of you! I can't wait to come over and see all the progress you've made. Keep up the good work... a little bit at a time adds up to make a huge difference!
And, we'd love to get our hands on pictures of Vance growing up...we'll be able to compare them to Fox soon enough!

sharon b said...

Pat, your tossing has inspired me.. I've tossed 4 bags for goodwill or Salvation Army.. Who ever will take them. and one bag out to the garbage. It's a process. I did this 4 years ago and really needed to start throwing out again. Too much stuff. Simplify.. God Bless