Saturday, August 26, 2006

Not Your Typical Friday

Gallivanting Photographer Today started off as the usual timesheet Friday. I went down and picked up the timesheets from my boss and got to work. Went over to see Fran in the Credit Union to get money for the week ahead. It rained this morning, but we really need the rain. Before I left the house, it was thundering, so Vinnie was in a cranky mood. He had jumped up in Vance's chair and was sleeping when I told him to go to the bathroom. (I keep the dogs confined to the hallway and bathroom while we are at work.) He was not wanting to leave the chair. He bared his teeth and me and growled. Well, that's the usual for when he doesn't want to do something, but this time he actually snapped at me. Everytime, my hand came close to him, he lunged at me. So, I just went and got the fly swatter and swatted him on the behind and he jumped down, still growling and went into the bathroom. He definitely was not in a good mood this morning. He doesn't like to be left alone when it's thundering outside. He wants to crawl up in our lap, so we can protect him.

Around 9:00, Daddy called and said he still wasn't feeling good and we'd have to do lunch some other time. Mama called and she's not doing too good either. She's having more and more trouble breathing, so she gets out less and less. She was real upset that the manager of the Winn Dixie where she shops resigned. He used to be a friend of my brother, Earl, and Mama has just always enjoyed talking to him when she goes shopping. She doesn't have too many friends and now she feels she's lost another one.

Tabitha called and said Trent had been throwing up all night, but she would come and get the wedding vows I typed up and carry them to Pastor Sammy. She came by around 10:00. Had Trent and Hope with her. I'm sure she didn't want to leave Hope with Katie, since she has been exposed to the virus Trent has. She wouldn't want McKinley to get sick. Hope kept saying "Nonna, I want out. Nonna, I want out. Let me out, please." She has the sweetest voice. They only stayed a minute and I went back to my office to finish my timesheets. Around 10:30, I started walking down the dock to the restroom. I thought to myself "If anybody was walking behind me, they would think I was drunk." I could feel myself weaving from side to side as I walked, but I wasn't dizzy. I went to the bathroom, then stopped in Kim's office to see what she was doing for lunch. She said she would go out and get us a hamburger from Jimmy's. Sounded great to me, but by the time I got back to my office, I was dizzy. I called her back and asked her if she could stop at CVS and get me some motion sickness pills for the dizziness. She said she would. I sat there a few minutes entering time, and then started throwing up in my garbage can. I would throw up, then enter another timesheet, throw up - you get the picture. When she walked in, my head was in the trash can. She offered to enter my timesheets for me, but I told her I'd get them done before I left. It was like God had given me superhuman speed in my fingers. I was finishing the timesheets in record time. I couldn't write, cause my hands were shaking so much, but I could type. I finished three days worth of timesheets in less than 30 minutes. That is a record for me. I have never typed so fast in all my life. As soon as I finished, she got up with Randy so he could follow us home, and she drove me home. There was work being done on Hwy 77, so we were in traffic a long time. Good thing I keep garbage bags in my car, cause I started throwing up again. It is not one of the aura migraines that I get where I get dizzy and throw up for hours and can't walk; just lay down beside the toilet or sleep with my head hanging in the toilet. This was just the virus that Daddy and Trent had. Kim got me in the house, I let the dogs out into the living room and tried to let them outside, but they would not leave my side. I laid down on the couch and fell fast asleep. Kim called back about an hour later to check on me. The dogs still would not leave me. Shadow was curled up on the end of the couch at my feet and Vinnie was laying down on the floor at my head. I slept again until Tabitha called. She said Trent was better. I fell asleep again until Vance came home. It was still 30 minutes after he got there, that the dogs finally went outside. They love their Mama.

I woke up feeling fine. Vance went to the store and came back with a rack of ribs that they cooked in front of Winn Dixie. That's what I ate for supper. I never would have thought earlier in the day that I would be eating ribs for supper. But, I feel fine. And they were so good.

For some unknown reason, my computer is trying to go to sleep, so I guess I need to post before it does. Good night and God bless....... Hope none of you get this virus.

1 comment:

sharon b said...

don't you just love the way these ailments hit us changing our whole plans for the day. God's plan not ours. Glad you were feeling better by evening.. Friday afternoon I got one of those migraines that makes my left eye vision fuzzy .. Eye doc says my new kind of worning for oncoming migraine.. Says it happens with age..Yuck.. God Bless and hope you had a great weekend..