Gallivanting Photographer Today has been a very busy day. Due to budget crunches, the Substation supervisor had to move some time to a particular job that didn't get posted last month. For some reason, the account number never would validate. Finally got it working, so I had to go back over about two weeks and make adjustments to several of the employees. That took a while.
Took Kim to lunch at Olive Garden as a way of thanking her for taking care of me Friday when I got sick at work. Plus, she had bought my lunch that day and I didn't even get to eat it. We had the soup, salad and breadsticks. It was good and we only ate one serving of everything - no seconds. I'm proud of us. And no dessert!
Talked to Dee in the Credit Union. Fran had to go to the dentist, so Dee came in to work this afternoon. I got to share some of my testimony about being molested as a child with her and how God has used me to minister to others over the years. It's awesome how God uses for good what the devil meant to destroy us with. Sure, it was no fun going through what I went through, but I've been able to help others go through it since I got my healing. God is so good!!!
Took Daddy to the doctor. We had to get an appointment with the doctor because the insurance no longer will pay for his inhaler. Have to get another kind. He's doing fine with his breathing, but his kidneys are acting up again. Called the doctor's office and the earliest they could see him is Sept. 20th, but Lisa said she would get Penny to call me back. (That's what's good about having a sister who works at the doctor's office.) Penny called back and said she could get him worked in sometime tomorrow. She'll call me in the morning to let me know what time.
After the doctor visit, we swung by the grocery store to pick up a few groceries for him. It's funny, but Mama sent him an inhaler to use (same kind he was using) until we can get the new prescription filled. They have been divorced for over 30 years, but she still cares even though she couldn't live with him ever again (or so she says). Too much water under the bridge - her words.
Had to rush to get home and then get to church for Praise and Worship practice. Worked on a good song and had a good time of prayer.
Came home and did some scanning. You are not going to believe this: Last night after I published my blog, I decided to scan some old photos. Just to see what would happen, I tried to use my Epson scanner. Would you believe, the thing actually worked exactly like it did before the Scanner Gremlin got in my computer? This is so weird. I scanned about 20 pictures, then it said it wasn't getting a signal. I just closed out and came back in and continued scanning. I guess it did that about 3 times before I finished. I do not know what is going on with my computers. My old computer refused to come on at all for about 8 tries, then it worked. I was looking for a picture that I had saved in it. It would click on and immediately click back off. I kept trying and it finally stayed on. I am a very patient person! Also, tonight I typed up about 6 songs from church that were just hand written. We needed them typed so they would be easier to read when we're singing. No problems there.
Better scan a few more photos before I go to bed. I only have a million left to scan!! And that's probably not far off the mark. I've been taking pictures since the 5th grade - since I was about 10. And I don't just take one picture of something; I take dozens! The last wedding I did, I took over 200 pictures. I've got Jamie and Judy's wedding Saturday, so look out! I really need another camera. My Nikon is in the shop, my Canon is giving me problems. That only leaves my Sony digital. I really need the Canon digital that my lenses will fit on. I'm seriously thinking about taking my raise this payday and buying one before Saturday, then put more money into my stock/retirement plan next month. I really want Judy and Jamie's pictures to be good. Was going to try to rent a camera from Ro-Mo, but they don't even have used cameras anymore. E-Bay has put them out of the used camera business.
Well, I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow.
Have a wonderful rest of the week! Sharon, stay safe.
Good night and God bless..................
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment